Home Care in Simpsonville, SC – 10 Reasons Why Oats Are Amazing
Go ahead, try some today! While oatmeal seems to be either loved or hated by most people, if you haven’t found a way to like eating it yet, it deserves to have a second chance. Have you ever wondered what all the hype about oatmeal is for? If all you’ve ever had is a lump of gluey sticky mass in a bowl called mush then hopefully this article will change your mind about oats.
Top 10 reasons you’ve got to love oatmeal
1. It is a low calorie food that fills you up and stops cravings
2. Provides a high level of healthy fiber as well as a good source of protein
3. Helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and provides a great source of magnesium which work together to reduce risks of diabetes
4. Helps to remove the bad cholesterol from your blood
5. It is gluten-free for those who can’t tolerate or are avoiding gluten
6. Provides plant lignin’s which are thought to protect against hormone-dependent cancers such as breast cancer
7. Contain antioxidants called avenanthramides which help reduce risks of cardiovascular disease
8. According to a Harvard study conducted over a period of 19 years, eating whole grain unrefined cereal regularly gave men a 29% less rate of developing heart failure. Oats are easily bought and cooked in their unrefined form.
9. Enhances the body’s ability to fight off infection
10. It tastes good – yes, it’s true! Give oats a second chance by trying one of the recipes included below or browse online and look at all the delicious pictures.
Apple cinnamon oatmeal
Finely chop an apple and add it to the boiling water before adding oats. Add oats and cook according to package directions. Stir in a few raisins and some cinnamon to taste.
Strawberry oatmeal bowl
Top your bowl of cooked oatmeal with a dollop of plain cream cheese and some sliced strawberries. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Peach and almond oats
Add some sliced almonds to the water when boiling. Add oats and cook oatmeal. Serve with peach slices on top.
Top your bowl of cooked oats with diced fruit (fresh or canned) and sprinkle with a generous amount of toasted coconut.
Peanut butter and banana oatmeal
Pour cooked oatmeal into serving bowl. Drop a tablespoon or two of peanut butter into the center of the oatmeal and then slice ½-1 banana over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Oatmeal is a good food choice for seniors
There are several reasons why oatmeal makes a good meal for the senior adult. For one thing, it’s very inexpensive. Besides all the health benefits, oatmeal is also simple to prepare and quick to cook. They can have a hot meal in the matter of only a few minutes. Topped with fruit, it becomes even more nutritious.
An in-home care provider can help your elderly loved one prepare nutritious meals on a daily basis.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring home care services near Simpsonville SC, contact Heart of the Carolinas Home Care at 864-991-3116.
Providing Home Care Services in Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer, Anderson, Spartanburg, Mauldin, Seneca, Laurens,Charleston, Columbia and the surrounding areas.